All 10 luxury tents are situated in the beautiful riverine treeline on the Khwai River, overlooking the famous Moremi Game Reserve. From these tented verandas one can watch the daily parade of animals coming down to drink at the river in front of camp.
Need to know about the accommodation
- Luxury tented camp – 10 Tents in Total – Max 24 guests
- 8 x Luxury Tents
- 2 x Family Luxury Tents
- Children of all ages welcome. A private vehicle is required for children under 6 participating in game activities
- No babysitting facilities available
Notes about sharing and children:
- Children 0-2 stay free, children 3-11 pay standard child rate (50% of adult sharing rate). Children 12+ pay full adult rate
- No more than two children under 12 years of age in family luxury tent with two adults. (Additional children on request, please speak to reservations)
- One child permitted to stay in standard luxury tent with two adults at standard child rate
- One child and one adult in standard luxury tent pay adult + child rate.
- One adult permitted to stay in family luxury tent with two other adults at full adult rate.
Machaba Camp electricity is run on a hybrid system which incorporates both solar energy and a generator. The solar farm enables us to harvest energy from the sun to run the camp, whilst the generator is used to back the system up during peak periods and inclement weather from time to time. The hot water system in camp is based on a Thermodynamic Solar Energy system, this latest technology ensures hot water generation no matter what the weather.
Facilities available at Machaba Camp
- Swimming Pool, with loungers
- Tented Main Area
- Picturesque views over the Moremi and Khwai River
- Spa Therapist – treatments include massages and facials done in guests rooms.